Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:42:17 +0100 Jean-Michel Pichavant
<jeanmic...@sequans.com> wrote:

Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
[snip]
Back in the software world: Those guys write code that works. It
does what it's supposed to do. Why should we care where they put
their comments?

If you've bought the code and want to maintain it, you'd better make sure it's possible.

Fair enough, but we don't want to maintain it.

By the way, the ISO 9001 standard ask for your out sourced processing
to be compliant with your QA objectives, so if you care about your
code, then you should care for the code you buy.

We did not buy code. If it were written in C or such, we would never
get to see it.

It's not our concern.

/W

From your original post.

<quote>
a company that works with my company writes a lot of of their code in
Python (lucky jerks). I've seen their code and it basically looks like
this:
</quote>

So what is the relationship between your company and this other company?
When it gets down to pounds, shillings and pence (gosh, I'm old!:) it sure as hell could make a tremendous difference in the long term, given that usually maintainance costs are astronomical when compared to initial development costs.

Regards.

Mark Lawrence.