On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Oscar Benjamin
<oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 June 2013 14:14,  <andrewblun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This sounds similar to what I might want. So you know of any online
>> tutorials for this?
>
> It's hard to tell what you're referring to since you haven't included
> any quoted context in your message (like I have above). I'll assume
> you're referring to what Fábio said.
>
> I've already posted the link to the py2exe tutorial (I assume Fábio
> used py2exe since nothing else was specified).

It's a blender game engine thing. (it may very well internally use py2exe).

Here's a resource on how you do it:

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17838&sid=5fa212f30833199dab4950e70d311490

Blender's game engine can probably be used to create a 3D model
viewer, since the game engine is not specifically oriented towards
games. It's more of a rudimentary "interactive 3D framework", offering
simple visual programming capabilities, and an awesome 3D editor,
which is Blender itself.

The greatest advantage to it is that it is couped with a 3D program.
So you can create your physics bodies, entities, lights, etc., place
them wherever you want and run the simulation.

You can very likely import your CAD models into Blender using the many
importers it has. It can import .3DS, .OBJ, etc. files with ease,
provided you find (or write!) the plugins for them.

--
Fábio Santos