Op 13-11-13 01:41, Steven D'Aprano schreef:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:27:08 +0100, Antoon Pardon wrote:
>
>>> Somebody has to
>>> accept the responsibility to walk away and break the positive feedback
>>> loop, or it will never end.  And I can't see Nikos being the one to do
>>> that.
>>
>> Not my problem.
>
> It might not be a problem for you, since you are obviously getting far
> more pleasure out of arguing with others then you do about discussing
> Python. But you are a problem for the rest of us.

So? Spoon feeders and others who seem unwilling or unable to ignore
Nikos's cravings for attention are a problem for me and others who
get frustrated by it. I don't see much people care about that. So
why should I care about other people's problem? I always get requests
to care about the problem of others but I don't see much consideration
for the problems I and those like me experience.

>> Why do you come to me? I didn't contribute to this
>> thread for about two days.
>
> And now you are keeping it alive, just because "they started it".

So? if it was all right for others to blow life into this thread,
then why is it wrong if I would keep it alive?

And for your information, IMO I'm not keeping it alive for now.
At this moment all those who are eager to argue me into behaving
as they would prefer seem more responsible for keeping it alive
than me.

> Antoon, I don't remember the last time I've seen you contribute anything
> productive to a Python thread.

I'm not responsible for your memory Steven.

> Chris and Mark have a regrettable tendency
> to tease or bait Nikos, or at least run off on tangents mocking him, but
> they at least are also productive members of the community who contribute
> to discussing Python and helping solve Python problems. You don't, not as
> far as I can see. Since you are now in my opinion almost as big a problem
> here as Nikos, I'm adding you back to my kill-file.

That is your perogative.

--
Antoon Pardon