rohit782...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:37:44 PM UTC+5:30, Eam onn wrote:

Now I have a bigger problem: HOW THE HECK
DO I INSTALL PYGAME!?!?! System Details:

I've tried using MacPorts, Fink, the Mac DMG,
source installing, installing NumPY, just about every way possible.

My advice would be to steer clear of things like Fink and MacPorts
and do things the native MacOSX way wherever possible. That means
using a framework installation of Python and framework versions of
the various libraries that PyGame uses.

There are a number of steps to getting pygame working:

1) Make sure you have a working framework installation of an
appropriate version of Python. I installed mine from source,
but a binary installation should work too. Depending on your
MacOSX version, the system python might be sufficient.

2) Install framework versions of the SDL library and other
libraries that pygame uses.

You may need to hunt around a bit, but you should be able to find
DMG installers for all of these. In my /Library/Frameworks I have:

SDL.framework
SDL-QD.framework
SDL_image.framework
SDL_mixer.framework
SDL_net.framework
SDL_ttf.framework

3) Install pygame itself with the usual 'python setup.py install'.
If you have all the relevant libraries, the installer will auto
detect them and use them. At the end, it will tell you which ones
it couldn't find. Pygame will work without some of them, but those
features won't be available. You can add more libraries and run
setup.py again if you need to.

4) Specific games may require other Python libraries such as
Numpy etc.

--
Greg