In article <brtt0jf10j...@mid.individual.net>,
 Gregory Ewing <greg.ew...@canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> My advice would be to steer clear of things like Fink and MacPorts
> and do things the native MacOSX way wherever possible. That means
> using a framework installation of Python and framework versions of
> the various libraries that PyGame uses.

FYI, MacPorts Pythons are framework installations.  And I disagree that
installing a bunch of disparate software from various sources via binary
installers and/or source is to be preferred to a modern third-party
package manager on OS X like MacPorts or Homebrew.  That's just setting
yourself up for a long-term maintenance headache.  What could be easier
than:

    sudo port install py27-game

--
 Ned Deily,