On 05/17/2014 05:49 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Roland Plüss, 17.05.2014 17:28:
>> On 05/17/2014 04:01 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> Roland Plüss, 17.05.2014 15:49:

>>> As I said, implementing this in Python code is much simpler than doing it
>>> in C/C++ code. Basically, stop where you got the C string and do the rest
>>> in Python. All your C code has to do is to take a module lookup request
>>> from your custom Python module Finder and return a byte string with the
>>> code. Then let your Python code wrap that in a Loader and return it to the
>>> import machinery.
>> I don't get how this is supposed to work. I'm running it as fully
>> embedded Python. There is no main script. The builtin modules are added
>> as C++ bound classes and a user made main script is loaded but not run
>> directly (I'm hooking into a create object). For this purpose I load the
>> script module using C++ code using PyImport_ImportModule(moduleName). At
>> this time the module loading code has to kick in already (I've added
>> this one by C++ too before). The problem is now that in this call I end
>> up in my C++ loader version where there is no Python script involved. I
>> came to the conclusion that I can solve this only by having the C++ end
>> properly load the module. I could add Python code with
>> PyRun_SimpleString but then I'm down to the same problem as before: how
>> to evaluate code so it is attached to a module or type-class? As I
>> understand it the problem is the same as before just pushed around a bit.
> No, just run some Python code (using PyRun_SimpleString() if you have to)
> and let it do whatever you like. Such as, defining a Finder class and
> injecting it into the import hook. Just provide it with the entry point of
> your C++ loader as a (CFunction) object when you execute it, and then let
> it call that function at need whenever the Finder gets executed.
>
> Alternatively, compile your Python integration code with Cython and link it
> into your main program as yet another binary extension module.
>
> Stefan

I'm not using Cython so that's out of question. Concerning the injection
how would this work? From the PEP I assume it would have to look like this:

# CODE #
import sys
class VFSModuleLoader:
   def find_module(fullname, path=None):
      return self if VFS.exists( vfsPathFromFullname(fullname) ) else None
   def load_module(fullname):
      sourceCode = VFS.read( vfsPathFromFullname(fullname))
      ???
# CODE #

How does ??? work? If I use "eval" I end up with the code inside
VFSModuleLoader.load_modules as context but it should go into the global
context as an own module.

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland

Leader and Head Programmer
- Game: Epsylon ( http://www.indiedb.com/games/epsylon )
- Game Engine: Drag[en]gine ( http://www.indiedb.com/engines/dragengine
, http://dragengine.rptd.ch/wiki )
- Normal Map Generator: DENormGen ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php )
- As well as various Blender export scripts und game tools