Stefan Ram wrote:
bartc <b...@freeuk.com> writes:
On 20/09/2017 02:31, Bill wrote:
it's implementation, I would say that C++ has it all over Python from
the point of view of "intuitiveness".  It's much easier to tell what's
going on, at a glance, in a C++ program.
You're being serious, aren't you?
   For one example, this is a part of a C++ program:

template< typename C >C T( void ( C::* )() );

   . It defines a template T, that can be used in a
   class as follows:

struct example { void f(); typedef decltype( T( &f )) S; };

   . The type »S« now has a certain property, that can
   be useful sometimes. What is this property (asking Bill)?

I'll reveal that I'm not Bjarne Stroustrup. decltype was introduced in C++11, which I haven't explored, and I have never written any code that resembles your template. But it appears that an object of type S may behave like a function, which in this case would invoke Example.f(). As has already been pointed out, one can write "obfuscating code" in any language, with little effort. I strive to write code which is easily understandable--and I document it. I don't wish to debate whether I could make more of a mess in Python, or not.