The pronterface README doc [1] recommends Python 3.6, so I'd say that
it's likely incompatible with changes in Python 3.10. I think your best
option would be to either downgrade to their recommended version of
Python, or file an issue in their GitHub repository to address the
incompatibility.

[1] https://github.com/kliment/Printrun/blob/master/README.md