Fred wrote:
> I hope someone can help me with the below problem...
>
> Thanks,
> Fred
>
> My enviroment:
> --------------------------
> Slackware Linux 10.2
> Python 2.4.2
> MySql version 4.1.14
> MySql-Python 1.2.0
>
> What I am trying to do:
> ---------------------------
> Using MySQL, Python, My-Sql-Python module and CGI create a simple
> database that can be accesed with a webpage.
>
> Everything worked great up to this error when trying to load the
> webpage:
> "ImportError: No module name MySQLdb"
>
> Note that I do NOT get the error when running the script normally from
> Python.

So I'd say it has something to do with sys.path

Is there anything "non-standard" with your config ? Like modules
installed as a user and/or outside of /usr/lib/pythonXXX/site-packages/ ?

> I have read much but can not seem to nail the problem down, I am
> thinking a path error.

+1

add this at the beginning of your script, *before* trying to import
anything else.

import sys
print "sys.path is", sys.path

(snip code)