On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 6:19 PM Mark Hammond <mhamm...@skippinet.com.au> wrote:

> ... the ax object isn't going to have a Reset - so whatever that's trying to
> do isn't getting done.

How would we go about finding out what that missing method was
supposed to do, so that we can know whether the failure to do it is
related to the problem? One of the frustrations here is that while the
documentation for the host application says "You can use any scripting
language that conforms to the Microsoft Scripting Language Interface"
trying to find the specification for that interface on Microsoft's web
site turns up nothing. Has Microsoft published the spec and then gone
to the trouble of extirpating every trace of it? Do you have a copy?

> ... Yep, you are looking at a very old version.

Sorry for the old link. Don't have any idea how I ended up in that
repository. Obviously the copy I was hacking to get my debug logging
was the real thing, installed by pip. I'm suitably embarrassed that I
didn't notice that they didn't match.

> ... when I say I'm hoping to see a stack trace, I mean a native stack trace

I'll see what I can do to produce one.

Thanks,
Bob