On Wed, 8 Mar 2023, at 22:28, Clayton Macleod wrote:

> Yes, you can alter live playlists at any time in the app itself.

Something else (maybe not a welcome suggestion on a Python list,
though)...

I just found this list of VBS scripts for interacting with iTunes:

   https://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/scripts.asp

Many look (from their descriptions) to be trivial, but one called

  InterleaveLists

which merges items from two playlists looks interesting to me
(and quite complicated too).  If it works, it might tell you more
about the inner workings of iTunes.

Indeed, downloading all (or at least one of each sort when the
description implies that groups of them are similar) & reading
through them might help.

I've also seen a suggestion that to get the uptodate iTunes SDK
you probably need to register as an Apple developer.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.