Re: sending to your personal email, yet again another reason mailing lists
are stupid.  At least back in the day mailing lists were smart enough to
only send me emails from the mailing list itself, so when you hit reply it
only replied to the mailing list itself.  This mailing list is sending me
mail coming from your address as well as the mailing list address, so the
first time I replied it only went to you personally, which you mentioned as
you wondered why I didn't reply to the list.  Well, I hit reply and
replied, as that's how things always operated in the past.  So I started
hitting reply all instead, and that resulted in the reply going both to you
and the list.  This list should really be fixed so that messages it sends
out only appear to come from the list server itself rather than also coming
from personal email addresses.  Then hitting reply and replying would
actually work like it is supposed to.

"Note that calls to the iTunes COM interface will be suspended when a
 dialog is being displayed in iTunes."

As in, a pop-up dialog that appears on top of the main app window and
blocks your view of the main window.  Some dialog you have to interact with
before you can once again interact with the main window.  This has nothing
to do with my scenario.

Thanks for the list of VBS scripts.  I'll take a gander.  I was already
going off info from the joshkunz website, as I found that before I
started.  I'll try to figure things out on my own from here, as it no
longer seems to be a python issue.  Thanks.  Later.

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 12:32 PM Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ml.pyth...@letterboxes.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Mar 2023, at 22:28, Clayton Macleod wrote:
>
> > Yes, you can alter live playlists at any time in the app itself.
>

> Something else (maybe not a welcome suggestion on a Python list,
> though)...
>
> I just found this list of VBS scripts for interacting with iTunes:
>
>    https://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/scripts.asp
>
> Many look (from their descriptions) to be trivial, but one called
>
>   InterleaveLists
>
> which merges items from two playlists looks interesting to me
> (and quite complicated too).  If it works, it might tell you more
> about the inner workings of iTunes.
>
> Indeed, downloading all (or at least one of each sort when the
> description implies that groups of them are similar) & reading
> through them might help.
>
> I've also seen a suggestion that to get the uptodate iTunes SDK
> you probably need to register as an Apple developer.
>
> --
> Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.

Clayton Macleod
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of
a decision can it really be?