Beni Cherniavsky wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 05:43 +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>

>>Hi Beni, guy and all!
>>
>>On Wednesday 26 October 2005 04:12, Beni Cherniavsky wrote:
>>

>>>  * The Python-IL mediawiki is not quite hebrew-friendly at present.
>>>    Putting up a small moinmoin sounds like best approach to me.
>>>

>>That's FUD. The Python-IL MediaWiki is perfectly Hebrew-friendly. It can
>>handle Hebrew text perfectly fine at the moment. What are your problems with
>>it?
>>

>It's not FUD or there would not be a long problems page.  It *was* an
>exageration.  Guy, don't take me to imply it's completely unusable in
>Hebrew.  We do use it that way for some time already, it's just
>annouying.  And it's not unfixable.
>
>Main problems for me are that layout is bad and editing in a LTR control
>is horrendous.  Of course I install the firefox extension to "Switch
>edit box direction" and it'll be much nicer.

If you mean the edit box - I think it's a browser thing and it's not
dependant on the wiki.
When editing long texts, I just cut and paste from gedit (so far the
hebrew editing in mozilla-based products seems far behind - even
thunderbird is abit annoying with hebrew).

Re: moinmoin demo:
Since Shlomi made it clear he prefers not to maintain an extra wiki
(mediawiki is used by two other sites on that server), and he IS our
host, the existing moinmoin installation will be removed from
python.org.il (probably moved to my private home or something).

The current list of problems (mostly in the "Meta Discussions" page) is
a bit outdated, so I suggest we update it and prepare an ordered list of
*specific* issues (each issue, if/when solved, should be moved to a
help/FAQ page). Since it seems that some people here know and like
moinmoin, we can also include a list comparing media and moin, so if an
overwhelming majority accumulates to the moinmoin side, it could be
reconsidered.

לענות