I guess you can do a command with a help flag  to accommodate as a workaround,
that’s a good question tho

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Michael Boon
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:59 AM
To: Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Subject: [Maya-Python] Can Maya plugins do any self-documentation?

I have a plugin called ExportModel*. If I do help(cmds.ExportModel ) I get
Help on function ExportModel in module maya.cmds:

ExportModel(*args, **keywords)

which is next to useless.

Is there a way I can publish the expected arguments and return values of my
plugin so that other scripters can see them inside Maya?

(* Names have been changed to protect the innocent)