Yes I am refereing to the actual file, not source code.
Here's a usecase:
due to covid a lot of production are done remotly. In somecase you can
connect  by logging remotly to office computers to work, in which case no
protection is needed since it pretty much as if you where in the office.
But in many cases, the files are sent to personal computers. Let's say  you
rig  characters  that are sent to 10 different animators to their personal
computers. Despite the NDAs, its impossible to police everyone,
specially if you don't know the client but you don't want to miss the
opportunity to get a job. There is no guaranty that someone will not leak
the file outside the production.
So here is where you use in V Crypt system. It is not like you are
recieving a file from an untrusted source because you are part of a
production and you know that your .mb and .ma files are from the rigger not
form a the prince
of niggeria that is asking you for money XD.

That's seem a pretty secure way of working don't you think? you know you
recieve a file that is encrypted because you know you are in production
context. You can open it and work with it. It simply won't work outside you
computer.