For compilation have you tried CeGCC? (http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/)

Adam Walley wrote:
Christopher and Jared,
Thank you for your comments. Christopher would you agree about the sluggishness once pygame is running on a PDA? I suppose I am not too bothered at the moment. For my purposes just being able to access audio and drawing to screen would be fine - though I'm sure sooner or later speed will be needed too. One additional obstacle I face is some extra fiddling to get the compiling done on PellesC (I do not own VS and I believe the free version does not support WinCE compilation). Anyhow, I will attempt to get something working, and if it gives respectable results I will report back. Thanks again for your input.

Adam
On 26/07/2008, *Christopher Fairbairn* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Sat 26/07/08 05:13 , "Adam Walley" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:
    > - is there already a way to get distutils working with PythonCE?

    There has been recent discussions about this, but at current I
    don't bieleve there is anything available.

    With respect to SDL and pygame it should be fairly easy to get the
    various python modules compiled. There have been a couple of
    releases built for PythonCE in the past and I've personally
    compiled from source a couple of times.

    The SDL project has an additional ZIP file that contains Windows
    CE (Pocket PC) compatible project files that will allow you to
    build a suitable dll.

    If you look at the distutils based installation files for the
    pygame distribution you can determine which source files need to be
    compiled into the various python modules (*.pyd). What I did was
    then manually create project files for Visual Studio to build
    these DLLs (you will need a source release of PythonCE itself for
    this, as to build a module you will require the python header
    files).

    Once I had all the pygame dlls compiled it was then simply a
    matter of copying them to the correct folder on the PDA. There was no
    registry settings etc involved.

    One thing to keep in mind is that some of the sample apps within
    the Pygame distribution won't work on a PDA without minor
    modifications. For example they commonly request a window size
    which is larger than the PDA's screen, and don't account for the
    lack of current working directory support when specifying file
    names for bitmap resources etc.

    Hope this helps,
    Christopher Fairbairn