Using the latest download (i think it's 2.5 from 2007) of pythonce, most
features work properly on my PocketPC but Tkinter or _tkinter, as it seems to
be known in the list of modules, doesn't work.

The PocketPC device is a Dell Axim X30 with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.

The question would be:  Can tkinter be made to work with PythonCE on the Dell
Axim X30, and if so what steps do I have to take to get it going?

I'm wouldn't consider recompiling python or tkinter since it would probably be
easier to write the application in C using the Windows Mobile Edition SDK.