On 30 April 2012 14:36, Avi Kivity <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/30/2012 04:27 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On 30 April 2012 14:23, Avi Kivity <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> > IMO the best fix is to unsysbus the device and qomify it instead.  This
>> > way we're 100% flexible in how we can attach it.
>>
>> You don't need to wait for QOM to grow enough features to
>> replace sysbus. If you don't like what sysbus_mmio_map() does, you
>> can always use sysbus_mmio_get_region() to get the MemoryRegion* and
>> then deal with it however you need to. This is the standard way
>> to deal with "I have a sysbus device which I want to map into my
>> custom container object".
>
> I believe that API voids you warrantee.

I wrote it for essentially the purpose described above :-)
If you're the owner of the sysbus device in question then it's
entirely fine as you are the one deciding whether to use the
traditional map function or not.

It's as good as we're going to get until QOM actually lets
you export memory regions and pins, at which point we can just
convert all the sysbus devices.

-- PMM