On 29-07-16 10:01, matteo wrote:
> Hi Richard and Tim,
>
> I moved the updated exercise data into the new repository
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Data/tree/master
>
> we can add the direct link to download the zip of the whole repo in the
> Training Manual documentation
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Data/archive/master.zip
>
> but a future problem could be that the direct link of above downloads
> the whole repo, what if in the future we add some other folder with
> other files and data? Maybe this data won't be related to the Training
> Manual, but the user has to download all the files..
>
> What do you think about it?

Matteo,

Thanks for this work!

I do not think it is possible on Github to download a folder separately
from a Repository. That is: this 'download zip' functionality is there
only for full repo's.
Did you find another way?

Else: I would just create a separate repo for this 'other' dataset. We
can have as much (data)-repo's as we want? Though I do not think we
should split up the data unless there is a good reason for it?

Regards,

Richard