On 29-07-16 10:36, matteo wrote:
> Richard,
>
>> I do not think it is possible on Github to download a folder separately
>> from a Repository. That is: this 'download zip' functionality is there
>> only for full repo's.
>> Did you find another way?
>
> that's exactly the point.. there are some workaround to download folders
> separately, but none of the method I found is "smart"..
>
>> Else: I would just create a separate repo for this 'other' dataset. We
>> can have as much (data)-repo's as we want? Though I do not think we
>> should split up the data unless there is a good reason for it?
>
> totally agree with you. I was just thinking if in the future for some
> new feature, there will be the need to have another dataset, we can just
> create another repo so that we will have another *unique* link
>
> So can I change the link in the Training Manual for downloading the data?

Yep, preferably both in testing and 2.14 branch of docs...

Which makes me think about: is this data versioned?

OR should we create a 2.14 branch NOW, so people can download both

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Data/archive/master.zip

and/or

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Training-Data/archive/QGIS-2.14-Training-Data.zip

QGIS-2.14-Training-Data would be a good branch name then?

Richard