Il 21/02/2012 16:03, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:
Hi all,

Google Summer of Code 2012 is announced few weeks ago and as far as
I know OSGeo will participate. Hope QGIS will participate too. I started
wiki page for collecting ideas [0]

Maybe we should announce also to the user list asking for ideas too

[0] http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Google_Summer_of_Code_2012
Thanks Alex. One first thing we have to decide is whether to participate within the OSGeo framework. This seems a natural choice, but there are possible shortcomings: - it is possible that we'll have more chances (an higher number of accepted projects) running alone, due to Google priorities - less motivation by mentors (they do not receive any financial incentive, that goes to OSGeo instead).
Opinions?

--
Paolo Cavallini
See: http://www.faunalia.it/pc