On 23/09/2014 8:44 pm, "Régis Haubourg" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I didn't mention the option to port Mem Layer saver to core for two
reasons:
> - that doesn't solve the proble of general plugin dependencies
> - we already discussed how to port Mem Layer Saver to core on list, and
> ended up to the conclusion that we needed to modify qgs format from a xml
> text file to a zip container of project properties + datas + resources
> (symbols svg for instance)

Ahh, I wasn't aware of this earlier discussion, I'll look it up.

> Porting that plugin to core is allright to me, but we will make qgis the
> only soft to write data files along data project file, with high risks of
> data loss (because user will forget it or trash it). Do we really want it?

That's not entirely true - MapInfo saves data written into cosmetic layers
in its project (workspace) files. It's quite handy for quick
cartographic-only modifications to a map.

Nyall
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer

Reply via email to