Hi all, I think we have to clearly separate two different things here:
* Dependencies on plugins * Dependencies on python modules This thread is about dependencies on other plugins. This is much easier to tackle (python modules are handled differently on different platforms) and the security implications brought up by Andrea Peri do not affect it. Thank you Régis for putting this into a bigger picture. I think moving mem layer saver to core should be discussed separately (good candidate for an RFC/QEP, Concerning format: I would like to see git instead of zip ;-) ). +1 for adding plugin dependencies. Matthias On 23.09.2014 12:35, Régis Haubourg wrote: > Hi all, > I didn't mention the option to port Mem Layer saver to core for two reasons: > - that doesn't solve the proble of general plugin dependencies > - we already discussed how to port Mem Layer Saver to core on list, and > ended up to the conclusion that we needed to modify qgs format from a xml > text file to a zip container of project properties + datas + resources > (symbols svg for instance) > > Porting that plugin to core is allright to me, but we will make qgis the > only soft to write data files along data project file, with high risks of > data loss (because user will forget it or trash it). Do we really want it? > > + to port, only if we clearly understand the impacts. I would prefer a new > qgs format. > Cheers > Régis > > > > -- > View this message in context: > http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Module-dependencies-tp5163377p5163463.html > Sent from the Quantum GIS - Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > _______________________________________________ > Qgis-developer mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer _______________________________________________ Qgis-developer mailing list [email protected] http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
