On 14-12-14 08:55, Alexander Bruy wrote: > 2014-12-13 16:15 GMT+02:00 Sandro Santilli <[email protected]>: >>> The map rotation functionality in the end is probably more complex than it >>> seemed to be. QEP explaining all the implications would be quite useful. >> >> Indeed, I greatly understimated it. >> I'll try to draft a QEP. > > Maybe it is better revert this code and readd after finalizing QEP process? > Some things are broken now and this is not good, as we have about 1 month > to feature freeze.
With our current release process, we never have more then a few months to be in a more or less 'unstable' development version. I'm not in a position to decide if it is wise to revert and do this work in another branch now, but only thing that I want to note that from what I see this work as a process has a lot of other changes/work/discussion done which maybe would not have been seen/done when we only do work in small steps and are afraid to refactor deeper then the outside code. How difficult is it to do this kind of changes in a separate branch (with some core changes), and is it then still possible to keep the branch as stable as it was recently. With a 'LTS' version upcoming(???)... though it is maybe better to postpone these changes, but my point is that I like the 'proces' of deeper changes that apparently is happening). Anyway, core-devs should decide this... whatever decision is taken I'm ok with it. Regards, Richard Duivenvoorde _______________________________________________ Qgis-developer mailing list [email protected] http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
