Hi there,
reactivating this thread and also pushing it to the dev list to maybe receive a statement:

Is it somehow planned to include the BETA2007.gsb and the resulting changes into QGIS for 2.8 by default?

I received already some questions, cause now even german bureaucracy is waking up and tell users to switch to ETRS and transform the data from Gauss-Krueger. But for the majority of QGIS users, this will be rocket science if they even learn THAT they have to create custom CRS, change srs.db entries and do other wizardry.

So far, googling "QGIS" and "BETA2007" yields no results on any moves into this direction. But without, QGIS users in Germany will likely produce tons of trash data in the near future or already do so without knowing (me included till today).

Also see https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11347

... or is is not that critical as I believe it is?

Cheers
Bernd