On 2016-09-20 06:30, Martin Dobias wrote:

Note: the work I have done and the call that started this thread are
not related in any way...

Ah, ok.

I had a good look now: nice! Very smooth!

So in the browser you can add a xyz layer like: http://c.tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

But isn't there a way to do that via 'add Layer' menu or via the 'add WMS/WMTS' button? Do I miss something ( or is it "future work" as they call it in science ;-) )

(Just asking because I think we already have several ways to add a layer (buttons, menu's, dragdrop, browser), and if some of those ways have other options then the others, I think from a user standpoint this is not very friendly?)

The add WM(T)S dialog's could get some ui-love anyway I think :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

and while we are into OGC/web-interfaces, anybody busy with adding native WMS-T yet (yes, I know there is the timemanager, doing fine, but I'm also hoping that the time (or other) dimensions could maybe become a native citizen of QGIS