Hi Nyall,

On Wed, 14. Feb 2018 at 23:59:07 +1100, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> > But if we update I'd do them with one of our point releases so that the new
> > release is build with then available Qt - the next nightlies would also pick
> > them up.  Otherwise we'd have the release packages using a newer Qt then the
> > one they were built with.

> That's all fair enough. Does your no-upgrade plan include Qt bug fix
> releases? E.g. 5.9.4?

If there was a plan, it would include it.  Now it's simply only done when there
is a significant need to do it (eg. QGIS doesn't build without it, we have to
support older version of Qt just to suit OSGeo4W or when it enables something
important; blurry yes).  That also applies to many other things in OSGeo4W
(except for QGIS, GRASS and GDAL).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode