Hi Andreas,

Indeed, there is no native tool at the moment to convert raster directly to
mesh. I filed a ticket with a link to this discussion so we can add it to
QGIS later:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/52313

But, in general, I would first try to find the source of the DEM raster
(e.g. point cloud or spot survey) and use the raw data to create the mesh.
This will avoid double interpolation :)

Kind regards
Saber

Saber Razmjooei