You feel that to participate in the community of an open source tool I must
sign up to a proprietary service who will track and advertise to me (of which
none of the advertising revenue goes to qgis)? What happens in a few years when
something else becomes the new hotness? What happens when Facebook becomes even
more evil? Why do you want people tracking you all the time? Why are you OK
forcing other people into luxury jails?

Jim