Thanks for the help.

I am going to try.

Regards

Da: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] Per conto di Piotr
Kania
Inviato: domenica 31 luglio 2016 07:57
A: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Oggetto: Re: [Qgis-user] Openstreetmap offline with QGIS

Hi, I will add that I use QTiles's mbtiles in my android smartphone with
Oruxmaps and it works nicely

W dniu 2016-07-29 o 16:59, Bernd Vogelgesang pisze:

Hi,

I normally do it this way to have an offline basemap either for the mobile
phone or the notebook:

1. Install QuickMapServices (an add contributed pack in the settings) for a
variety of background layer. There are also different flavours of OSM, so pick
your favourite.

2. Install the (tagged as experimental) QTiles plugin.

Assuming you have to work in certain area at a time only, set your canvas to
this are.

In QTiles, you can choose between .zip and .mbtiles (but those mbtiles work
within QGIS for already a while). Pick mbtiles for file creation.

Choose your zoom level carefully. If you do not need too much detail, 15 will
be enough. See http://gis.stackexchange.com/a/7443 for detail which zoom level
represents which map scale.

For me this setting resulted in 150MB file for an area of ca. 100 square
kilometers. Higher zoom level or multiple zoom levels will let this grow
exponentially. You will have to test a bit to find the right settings for your
purpose.

The creation of this mbtile will take a while cause it has to download all the
tiles for the area one after another.

So better test with a really small area before starting a big download.

Hope this helps

Bernd

Am 28.07.2016, 00:02 Uhr, schrieb  <mailto:arnaldo.mauri...@gmail.com>