Hi Benjamin

Yes the workarounds are fine for my uses and I will report this as a bug.

Many thanks, Chris

From: fuenfer-koenigstein.benja...@swm.de
[mailto:fuenfer-koenigstein.benja...@swm.de]
Sent: 30 August 2016 09:57
To: Chris Buckmaster; qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: AW: QGIS 2.16 - Rule based labelling

Hi Chris,

yes, now I can confirm. I forgot to test the expression builder. The issue
occurs, as you said, only when I change the rule in the 'expression string
builder' window. A workaround might be to create the expression in 'expression
string builder' window, copy it and paste it into the 'filter' text field which
retains the text. Or you could change the expression in expression builder, OK,
type a blank and delete it again in 'edit rule' window, then the expression is
retained. Anyway, I think it would be good to report the bug on
http://hub.qgis.org/issues.

Regards

Benjamin Fünfer-Königstein
S-IP-AN-TG Techn. Geschäftsfelder