Ah cool thanks for the info Nathan, I have assigned my bug report to you.

Thanks

From: Nathan Woodrow [mailto:madman...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 August 2016 10:37
To: Chris Buckmaster
Cc: fuenfer-koenigstein.benja...@swm.de; qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] QGIS 2.16 - Rule based labelling

Hey Chris,

I have confirmed this for the dialog based editor.  If you use the style dock
to edit the rule (F7 or the paint brush icon on the layers panel) it doesn't
happen.

Report it as a bug and assign to me please.

Regards,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Chris Buckmaster
<chris.buckmas...@runnymede.gov.uk<mailto:chris.buckmas...@runnymede.gov.uk>>
wrote:
Hi Benjamin

My process is as follows…

Using a point dataset from PostGIS, and the rule based labelling for Labels.

My rule says "CLASSIFICA" = 'Woodland Or Forest' AND "FONTHEIGHT" = 'Small',
with this I also have a scale range included.

When I try to change this (for example to “FONTHEIGHT” = ‘Medium’), I click on
the browse button next to ‘Test’, I then manually alter the text within my
expression from ‘Small’ to ‘Medium’.

I OK this – back at the ‘Edit rule window’, I do see that the text has changed
to ‘Medium’, I then click OK but back at my rule based labelling screen the
text still says ‘Small’.

If I decide to change the expression from the ‘Edit rule’ window and not open
the expression, it does retain the change, so there looks to be an issue (from
my set up anyway) where it is not storing any changes within the expression
window.

I am using QGIS 2.16.1.

Thanks, Chris