All;
Been struggling with this one for a while and have used commands in both;
Python, QGIS, Spatialite, and Esri (Basic).
I separated all my mains and all my laterals into 2 files (Line types), I
am now finding that some of my laterals do not intersect my mains. I want
to systematically extend all my laterals to my mains, too many to go
through manually.
I tried turning my mains to points and use snapping to point, tried
converting the laterals to point and snap the start point to the main then
rebuild the lines, tried using nearest neighbor to get the closest
intersect locations and a number of plugins.
I need away to snap the closest end of a lateral to a main that is within x
meters of the main (to avoid snapping laterals to the wrong main).
Any suggestions?
Tyler