Hi Tyler,

Using v.distance from GRASS:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/v.distance.html

>From the link above:

“dmin and/or dmax can be used to limit the search radius”

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Saber

Saber Razmjooei
 <http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/> www.lutraconsulting.co.uk

From: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tyler
Veinot
Sent: 30 August 2016 14:13
To: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [Qgis-user] Extend lines to lines

All;

Been struggling with this one for a while and have used commands in both;
Python, QGIS, Spatialite, and Esri (Basic).

I separated all my mains and all my laterals into 2 files (Line types), I am
now finding that some of my laterals do not intersect my mains. I want to
systematically extend all my laterals to my mains, too many to go through
manually.

I tried turning my mains to points and use snapping to point, tried converting
the laterals to point and snap the start point to the main then rebuild the
lines, tried using nearest neighbor to get the closest intersect locations and
a number of plugins.

I need away to snap the closest end of a lateral to a main that is within x
meters of the main (to avoid snapping laterals to the wrong main).

Any suggestions?

Tyler

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This
immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Whilst reasonable care has been taken to avoid virus transmission, no
responsibility for viruses is taken and it is your responsibility to carry out
such checks as you feel appropriate.

If this email contains a quote or offer to sell pro
 ducts, carry out work or perform services then our standard terms and
conditions (which can be found at
http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/downloads/Lutra%20Consulting%20Standard%20Terms%20and%20Conditions.pdf
 shall apply unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Saber Razmjooei and Peter Wells trading as Lutra Consulting.