Van: Nicolas Cadieux [mailto:nicolas.cadi...@archeotec.ca]
Verzonden: donderdag 1 september 2016 14:50
Aan: Reginald Carlier
Onderwerp: Re: clip still not working on osm shape

Hi,
Did you resave the file in a new projection or just specified the layer
projection by clicking on the layer in the layer manager?

You need to save the file for the changes to be permanent.  There are also more
complex reprojection tools in Qgis.

Nicolas

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 1 sept. 2016 à 08:35, Reginald Carlier
<reginald.carl...@ingelmunster.be<mailto:reginald.carl...@ingelmunster.be>> a
écrit :
Hi,

I found that the problem was the conversion of the CRS. When I select the shape
of the town (Lambert 72) in QGIS Browser and choose WGS 84 as CRS the extent is
still in Lambert coordinates. I tried the same in ArcMap and there I got the
same result. Then I tried a function in the toolbox under Data Management >
Projections and Transformations > Project where you can choose the CRS and also
the transformation algorithm. Then the shape of the town was shown in the right
spot. I wonder if there is such a tool in QGIS.

Regards,

Reginald Carlier
Deskundige GIS

[http://www.ingelmunster.be/ingelmunster.gif]

Gemeente Ingelmunster, Oostrozebekestraat 4, 8770 Ingelmunster
T +32 51 33 74 39 www.ingelmunster.be<http://www.ingelmunster.be>

[http://www.ingelmunster.be/fb.jpg]<https://www.facebook.com/Ingelmunster/>
[http://www.ingelmunster.be/go.jpg] <https://plus.google.com/+ingelmunster>
[http://www.ingelmunster.be/in.jpg] <https://www.instagram.com/ingelmunster/>