Hi,

In Qgis 2.12, I can crash it if I have to many file with different projections
across a big territory (Canada).
Turn off all layers, change the project CRS to the layer you are having trouble
with, then zoom to the layer
extent, then turn the layer back on.  That may... Or may not help..

Good luck!
Nicolas

Envoyé de mon iPad