You could run it as a local server and it is available on all major platforms.
If you need a server with wider access you could look at AWS (even the free
tier will give you some RDB service).  The Postgresql supported there has the
PostGIS extension ready to load so for us it was a logical choice for hosting
spatial data.

John Harrop
jchar...@gmail.com