Dear Qgis Community Team,

I'm writing because usually I work with SHP file and sometimes I recieve source
in DWG format and I can't direct analyse this last format.
So, I wondered if the conversion of DWG file into SHP file using the following
pathway, could induced some modifications in the rendering ?

step 1: convert DWG file into DXF file with DrafSight software
step 2: convert DXF file into SHP file with Dxf2shp plugin under Qgis

How can I detect these modifications and idenfy the nature of them ? Does exist
another method to create SHP file from DWG ?

I use Debian Mate OS and Qgis v2.08.
Thanks for your help
Kind Regards

Clothilde Bonnet