sorry, I hit enter before finishing the email... Again:

Hi Andreas,

for sure it would be much better to use the webservice directly but I´m
already investigating with CARTO and it seems there´s no WMS support - if I
have any update on this, I´ll share with you.

EPSG:4326 would be perfect for me, even though I know the original file is
in Magna Sirgas (EPSG:4686). So, if I understood right, I need to specify a
resolution in decimal degrees, right?

I´m saving a raster image with only 3 color values (assigned by its column
"dn" which indicates if the pixels correspond to forest, no forest or no
information). Sorry, I don´t know to say if it´s orthoimage.
I´ve already polygonized the other tiff files I had from this series (but
were not from WMS) and the results were meaningful, probably because
there´re only this 3 colors.

--
*Juliana Mori*
www.julianamori.com