Dear QGIS users,

I am switching over more and more from ArcGIS to QGIS. Many features are
really much nicer.
But now I am needing a feature that displays small pictures (pictograms) at
all points of a point shapefile. Similar to diagrams, but these specific
diagrams are already available in PNG (or JPG) format. An attribute of the
point shapefile contains the filenames of the pictures. I can display these
pictures interactively point by point using either eVIs Browser or Action,
even HTML maptip. But I want to see them all together on the map like other
point symbols (or diagrams).

Any idea? Some existing script or plugin that I can use as a starter? Or
maybe I am just missing an existing feature?

Thank you!

Sepp