https://north-road.com/crowdfunding/

North Road are working on such a feature I think - not sure on progress at this
stage. Maybe contact them and see how things are progressing.

Cheers - Phil

From: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Josef
Fürst
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:42 AM
To: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [Qgis-user] Display pictures at points

Dear QGIS users,

I am switching over more and more from ArcGIS to QGIS. Many features are really
much nicer.
But now I am needing a feature that displays small pictures (pictograms) at all
points of a point shapefile. Similar to diagrams, but these specific diagrams
are already available in PNG (or JPG) format. An attribute of the point
shapefile contains the filenames of the pictures. I can display these pictures
interactively point by point using either eVIs Browser or Action, even HTML
maptip. But I want to see them all together on the map like other point symbols
(or diagrams).

Any idea? Some existing script or plugin that I can use as a starter? Or maybe
I am just missing an existing feature?

Thank you!

Sepp