Many processing tools are duplicates. For example, If I filter for "buffer" I find 13 results in QGIS, GDAL, SAGA and GRASS libraries.

Since these last 3 are external projects, QGIS cannot control which tools are in there. And why should "somebody at QGIS" choose for you and everybody else which tools to use or not.

Besides, I'm often happy having a backup tool when the first one I try doesn't like my data for some reason.

So go ahead, pick the one you prefer and use it.

Raymond