I agree. I am all in favour of choice, but less so for duplication.

I would prefer one well design, well-documented tool rather than umpteen
choices, Each of which I have to try out and evaluate.

I find that many of the tools are poorly documented , don't work
intuitively or don't work at all. More and more I am turning back to
Manifold GIS or my CAD program to accomplish things that should be easy to
do inside QGIS.

The open-source concept does have its strengths​ but coherence is not one
of them. Too often the result is more like a camel rather than a horse ...

Cheers . . . . .   Spring
Samsung Tab 4