Hi all,

I have been teaching introduction to GIS (300 level course for geoscientists) for a couple of years; I am looking to find the best book to use for teaching - for this level 'best' is adequate introductory materials with some advanced level materials; ctitical is a consistent dataset that can follow the book.

I have used GIS fundamentals by Bolstad, and Learning Qgis by Graser;

both have advantages and disadvantages for the purpose I want them - the GIS fundamentals is closer to what I need but now is dated and would like to use something newer.

Any suggestions?

best,
Dimitris