Hi

Take a look at our blog http://blog.qgis.org where you can find
various tutorials including one on writing your first plugin by Marco
Hugentobler.

There is a perl script under src/plugins/plugin_build.pl that will
create the framework for a new plugin but at this point in time it
works only on mac and linux platforms. Otherwise you can just clone an
exising simple plugin or use the plugin_template as a starting point.

Regards

Tim