Hi

2007/2/26, Elavazhagan.M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi Martin, please clarify the following scenarios:

1. For dynamic linking, I need to know the classes available in the DLL I'm
linking. Am I correct? If so, where can find such documentations?

All the header files are available in the QGIS sources in svn. In the
next stable release (0.8.1) I am bundling them in with the installer
too. QGIS is open source everything is there for you to look at when
you want to!

2. If I should link to the DLLs dynamically, what's the need of building my
own QGis (creating .lib files)? And, why can't I dynamically link to the
existing DLLs available under the QGis installation folder?

You cant link MSVC apps to the dlls shipped with QGIS since QGIS is
built using mingw/gcc which uses different symbol decorations to MSVC.

Regards

Tim

Thanks.
Ela.