On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:49:04PM +0200, Peter Graf wrote:

> Richard,
>
> >we are curretnly working on debian support for the Q40,
> >kernel images for test are available.
> >
> >First kernel images for test are here:
> >
> >  http://master.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
> >
> >You can unpack the .deb package with "ar x ....deb" and
> >install the kernel as usually.

.. wait for an update, this kernel has not all necessary features
turned on. New kernel will be there probably in the evening.

BTW anyone interested in 68060-FEMU support in the kernel?

> Many thanks. I hope that move will relieve you from distro maintainance
> someday.
>
> >No specific support for installer yet, manual installation
> >worked quite well last time tried. Currently this is only
> >interesting for people with unmetered internet connection.
>
> Why unmetered internet? Isn't it possible to install the packages manually
> from a normal 68k Debian distro?

installer support will be only in the newest bleeding edge
tree, that means all stuff has to be downloaded.. certainly
the debian-base images.

> I've ordered the full 68k 3.0r2 distro (+ Update 3.0r2-01) on CDs. If you'd
> like copies, pls let me know.

I wish Debian could use either names or numbers.. remembering
which number is Sid, Woody, Potato, Sarge is a pain ;)

The debian m68k disks are usable with the Q40 after manual
installation.. not sure how usefull they are compared to
ShoeString.

Richard