----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniele Terdina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 11:28 PM
Subject: [ql-users] Toolkit II

> I don't think there is potential for selling copies of TK2 anymore, nor
> that a freely available TK2 would hurt SMSQ/E, as SMSQ/E is so much more
> advanced and caters to a different type of users. A public statement
> about TK2 being free for non-commercial use would benefit users of
> emulators that are interested in running early QL programs requiring TK2
> extensions, and at the same time preserve copies of the TK2 for its
> historical and educational value.

Thank you Daniele for raising the subject - it is for sure on behalf of
people such as me who came much later into contact with the QL, want to
learn something about how it works or just play around with it for a while.
If I look back at my very first steps into QL world then the most valuable
ressources from the beginning on were probably QLAY and the website with QL
documentation by Dilwyn Jones (because my first real QL, purchased through
ebay, came without a manual).
I still appreciate Qlay very much as a good starting point - it would have
been an incredible starting point for newcomers if it was packaged with a
TK2 rom and a documentation for both the bare QL plus TK2 commands as PDF
document!

That raises another question: are the copyrights for QL manual and for TK2
manual in the hands of the same persons as those for the QDOS / TK2 software
itself?

Kind Regards,

Michael