I had considered that but things like dropdown menus and error messages should have the original window left open so that you can have a reference. Not to mention, with folders, I would not like a full folder closing every time I wanted to run do a change to it or pick a sub-option.

For somethings your suggestion may work but I am afraid not for the desktop that I am working on.

Cheers,
jim