----- Original Message -----
From: "P Witte"
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Perfection

 > I can only apologise for my tardy reaction. Im not one of those "few
people
> who have had experience of chasing up old software", but Im all for it. In
> particular, Id be interested in updated versions of QLiberator and
EasyPtr.
> Id even be prepared to pay a reasonably unreasonable amount for the
> privilege. So anyone who thinks they can do something about this gets my
> wholehearted support!

No apology necessary in this case.

Unfortunately your two examples again illustrate the problems of chasing
up/upgrading old software.

QLiberator had two authors and one, whom I believe has the only copies of
the code, has "disappeared". (I put that in inverted commas as we amateur
genealogists have means of tracing people whether dead or alive)

There is an upgraded version of EasyPtr and very good it is too. The problem
is that Albin Hessler is the author and Marcel the upgrader for his own use.
Everyone wants to respect copyright in this case, but no one knows what the
legal position is. Hence the upgrade cannot be distributed.

Best wishes,
Geoff Wicks